Warning: This guide is a preview. The exam is still in development and the information in this guide is subject to change.
Visit the HashiCorp Cloud Engineer Certification page for information on the exam and to sign up.
The Vault Operations Professional exam is for Cloud Engineers focused on deploying, configuring, managing, and monitoring a production Vault environment. The exam includes a mix of hand-on tasks performed in a lab, and multiple choice questions. Certification holders have proven they have the skills, knowledge, and competency to perform the Vault operational tasks listed in the objectives.
The exam does not intend to test your memorization skill. Therefore, you will have access to the Vault documentation during the exam.
IMPORTANT: The Vault Operations Professional Certification exam runs a Vault Enterprise binary, and the objectives covers Vault Enterprise features in addition to OSS features. You can sign up for a free 30-day trial from here.
- HashiCorp Certified: Vault Associate Certification (recommended)
- Linux skills such as list and edit files via command terminal
- Understanding of IP networking
- Information security fundamentals such as network security, RBAC
- Understanding of containers
To learn more about the exam, visit the HashiCorp Product Certifications page.
There are three types of questions on the exam:
- Hands-on: Perform the instructed operational tasks using the Vault CLI or UI in the given Linux environments.
- Multiple-choice: Choose one or more correct responses from the multiple response options.
- Hybrid: For a given multiple-choice question, inspect the provided Vault environment to discover the correct response.
A big part of the Vault Operations Professional Certification exam is hands-on, which means the only way to study for it is to practice and gain hands-on experience.
The Study Guide - Vault Operations Professional Certification provides hints and tips to prepare for the exam. If you already have enough Vault experience around the objectives, skip to the review guide for a quick reference.